Old June 6th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
RFI-EMI-GUY RFI-EMI-GUY is offline

Default HF interference from WiFi router

Brenda Ann wrote:
"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
The WiFi transmitter in my Actiontec GT701-WG produced interference over
much of the HF spectrum and completely obliterates the 17 meter band.
With my HF receiver in AM mode, looking at the received audio with a
spectrum analyzer, I see peaks at 60Hz and 120Hz. The router and WiFi
portion work just fine.

Anybody ever run into a problem like this and found a solution to it?

I can eliminate the noise by disabling the radio in the router, but a
real fix would be preferable.

Try feeding power to it from a battery source, rather than the wall wart
that comes with it. See what that does for it.

I was thinking same thing. He has a swiching wall wart that responds to
the current draw when the WiFi TX is enabled.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P