Old June 6th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default Radio's Obituary

"Tex" wrote in message
I long for the "good ole days" when I could traverse the am dial and
listen to a different talk show host on nearly every frequency. Even
as a youngster I was familiar with the hot issues of the day in every
city I could pick up on my radio - Omaha, Chicago, St. Louis, San
Antonio, Oklahoma City, Salt Lake City, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Kansas
City, Denver and whatever other signal I could nab during the night.

Thanks to Herb Jepco, Jim White, Jack Wheeler, John Cigna, Bill Barker
and myriads of others whose names have been forgotten I felt that I
had a friend in all those cities. And you would become so familiar
with the regular callers that you would worry about them if they
hadn't called for awhile.

I miss Herb Jepco, and his predecessor, Ira Blue, and the rest of the great
KGO talkers.. along with the greats from KSL. I spent many a night listening
to those folks back in a day when everyone had a chance to have their say,
not just the hand-picked few, and things were a lot more even-handed and
sane.