Old June 6th 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default HF interference from WiFi router

In news:mk22k.17746$qP.9885@trnddc03 "JB" wrote:

Try feeding power to it from a battery source, rather than the wall
wart that comes with it. See what that does for it.

I was thinking same thing. He has a swiching wall wart that responds
to the current draw when the WiFi TX is enabled.

Exactly my problem with a Wirespeed DSL modem. Cheap wall wort would
spew all over the spectrum after a few minutes under load.

Thanks for the suggestion about the power supply.

I'll be cobbling together an appropriate cable to feed the modem from a
stiffly regulated analog supply. If that works, I'll just build a little
supply to replace the wall wart.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN