Old December 23rd 04, 09:10 PM
Murray

Charlie, the most simple and best sounding set up I have found is the
ICM mic from Heil....Really needs nothing on the 756Pro or the 746 Pro
either one. Ive added the 8gband eq gate by W2IHY, that really gives
you some choices, but its not necessary.....73 Murray K5MDM

Charlie wrote:
I do NOT mean to start a war here. I used to put a D-104 on every base rig I
owned. Never had anything like the 746 PRO before with all the mic settings
and contours. Looking for an all around desk mic that can give great DX
punch and if I want to chew with the hi-fi boys I could set the rig for that
too. I think this pretty much rules out my old fav D-104's!!

I am looking for a desk mic..not boom mic or any kind of high faluting
vacuum tube "studio" mic. I'm a ham..not a DJ...