Old June 7th 08, 06:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.shortwave
Igor[_2_] Igor[_2_] is offline

Default Kaito 1103 -- vulnerable to ESD?

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 05:45:43 -0700, Dave wrote:

I f you are throwing sparks your house is too dry. Humidifiers are
essential to your health and that of anything made of wood or transistors.

I use a humidifier in the winter, but for obvious reasons put it away
when it gets warm enough outside to open windows. Bottom line is that
you can't always control the humidity of your environment, especially
when you're travelling, and a good radio should have some kind of ESD
protection.