Old November 11th 03, 04:50 PM
Cecil Moore

Roy Lewallen wrote:
And, Art, I'm surprised at your objecting to my bringing up the dreaded
complexity of -- gasp -- phase.

Here's a bench experiment that could be done concerning phase.
Create artificial standing waves with two signal generators equipped
with circulator loads (SGCL).

I1 I2
SGCL1----coil----SGCL2

Vary the phase of one of the signal generators while monitoring the
total current at each end of the coil. The equation for the total
current will be similar to the equation for total current in a
standing wave antenna, i.e. the phasor difference of I1 - I2. The
delay through the coil takes the two currents in opposite phase
directions.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp