Old June 8th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
gb[_2_] gb[_2_] is offline

Default sx-28 restoration ongoing

wrote in message
Thanks to Phil Nelson and many others for great internet
documentation and numerous usenet posts regarding the SX-28. I
followed Phils RF deck instructions and re-capped my radio, which is
currently still on the bench. I also have a sx-28 parts radio which
has been invaluable for various mechanical repairs.

[snip]
Any old articles on product detector mods for the SX-28 would
be great to read to assist in un-modding this thing!

Thanks!
Ben

Ben -

Bill Orr' Radio Handbooks use to have an artcile and schematic for using a
6SN7 as a product detector in 1950s and 1960s vintage receivers (that use
simple diode detectors).

Additional SX-28 resources (amny with photos)
http://xoomer.alice.it/egirland/sx28/sx28home.html

John's SX-28 Rebuild / Restoration -- from bare chassis on up !!!!
http://www.schmitzhouse.com/Johns_Electronics_18.htm

w9gb