Old July 21st 03, 09:01 PM
W5DXP

Jim Kelley wrote:
Your
problem proves that your analysis and the notion of power flow are
flawed.

You haven't answered my question so you have not earned the right to
set up a new straw man. Why does Pref1 suddenly go to zero just as
Pref2 arrives at the impedance discontinuity?

As Timo and I have both said to you, it can be shown that that 50
joules/sec does not travel rearward.

You have not presented an iota of evidence that Pref2 does not travel
rearward. Half of that 50 joules/sec comes from rearward-traveling Pref2.
Sorry, until you address that contradiction in your concepts, you don't
have any creditability on this subject.

You have repeatedly refused to answer this simple question: How does
the energy in the reflected wave from the mismatched load get turned
around? We know it possesses momentum so it does turn around. What is
your physics mechanism for explaining the change in direction of
momentum of Pref2?

You have already admitted that wave cancellation is
responsible for Pref1 being zero.

"Admitted" is a funny word for it.

After months of denying it, you finally admitted it. Admitted seems
entirely appropriate.

When waves cease to exist, they are forced to give up their intrinsic energy.

Waves don't cease to exist.

That's where you are wrong. Waves cease to exist when they encounter a
matched dummy load, for instance. Waves also cease to exist when they
are destroyed by wave cancellation. Light waves cease to exist when they
encounter a perfectly flat black surface. Your assertion is false.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp