Old June 8th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
wa2rqy wa2rqy is offline

Default Remember the Galaxy Scout Deluxe?

On Jun 7, 3:40 pm, Alan WA4SCA wrote:
Thanks for the post. I believe it was actually a Globe Scout. The
Galaxy line came later.

Alan
WA4SCA

--
Alan
WA4SCA

Hi Alan
The pictures show it as a Galaxy Electronics, Scout Deluxe.
There was Similiar rig called the Galaxy Chief but this was not as
fancy & CW only!
The WRL Globe Scout was much earlier & a totally different design.
I've seen plenty-o-those but these Scout Deluxe are harder to find as
competition at this time from Hallicrafters(HT-40), Johnson Challeger,
Heathkit DX-40, even Lafalotte radio was intense as many novices can
on board!
73.....
Rich WA2RQY