Old June 8th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Eduardo - fellow IBOC-shill diputes your claims about AM ratings.

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

Such studies of listening areas are done by broadcasters to determine
where
to do promotional activities. That includes van hits, street events,
location of billboards, In the case of an LA radio station, budgets for
this
type of promotion might be in the millions of dollars a year.

That's why it is important to plot where the listening occurs, and in the
case of forward-looking growth situations, where there is a potential for
growth.

A key issue in all of this is "where can I expect to pick up listening?"
as
opposed to areas where it would be next to impossible to do so. As part
of
this, we study how much signal is needed to support efforts to increase
listening. If nearly nobody will listen below a certain signal level,
chances are that we could throw hundreds of thousands of dollars at a low
signal area and get no listening from it.

That is why all broadcasters look at the useful coverage areas (about 10
mv/m or greater on AM for metros and 64 dbu for FM) and don't attempt to
get
listeners outside such areas as it is not going to happen.

Contrary to what YOU believe, about every broadcaster in the US uses the
same criteria.

The issue here is what YOU believe as opposed to reality.

I'm pointing out to YOU that YOU are the only only one that believes
what YOU spew.

I don't buy YOUR spin and neither does ANYONE else.

So go ahead and post YOUR crap again as none believe YOU faker.

Everyone in the radio industry not only believes this, but uses it to guide
promotional and marketing and even sales activities.

I that explains why things are not working so well in radio these days.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California