Old June 8th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Alan WA4SCA[_2_] Alan WA4SCA[_2_] is offline

Default Remember the Galaxy Scout Deluxe?

Rich,

My first rig was a Globe Scout 680A. The one in the picture is
certainly fancier!

BTW, I attended the Palm Desert QCWA meeting in January where they
presented Leo with his certificate for 80 years as a ham. His age is
something like 97. (It was certificate #34, so hams seem to have good
longevity.) Anyway, Leo is still sharp as a tack, though his hearing
is poor. Not so bad that he doesn't still get on the air a bit!

--
Alan
WA4SCA