Old June 8th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
AF6AY AF6AY is offline

Default removing enamel

On Jun 5, 6:19�am, Telstar Electronics
wrote:
On Jun 4, 5:46�pm, "W3CQH" wrote:

Thanks to all who responded to the question, with all of your expertise and
comments.

Best 73's, �it turned out to be a very interesting thread.

http://www.eraser.com/catpdf.cgi/Mag...d&catpdf_id=11

Seen those in action. But, be prepared for significant STICKER SHOCK
if you
want to buy one. Get Eraser's Price List for some knock-yer-socks-off
costs.

Compare that to a $3 bottle of Strip-X from GC two decades ago...which
could last a HOBBYIST for a decade.

This forum is for HOBBYISTS, not manufacturers. If I want to use
abrasive methods of removing magnet wire coatings, I'll just rip off a
quarter of a small square of emery finishing paper (used in painting
furniture) and use that for a couple of months of intense coil
building. Costs maybe a dime for that.

73, Len AF6AY