Old June 9th 08, 07:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Alan Peake[_2_] Alan Peake[_2_] is offline

Default Stainless Steel Tube for Yagi Directors

wrote:
Hello All,
I am building a DL6WU Yagi for 2 metres and am wondering if 1/4 inch
stainless steel tube would be okay for the directors and reflector. I
have been given some so it would save me from having to buy aluminium.
I will still use aluminium for the folded dipole and for the boom. Any
thoughts would be welcome.
Cheers
Max

Just checked - tried a 6m yagi and with Cu elements, gain is 9.64dB With
SS elements, gain is 9.41 dB
Alan