Old June 9th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Radioguy Radioguy is offline

Default (OT) Jim Mckay RIP

On Jun 7, 7:17*pm, Tex wrote:
One of the best. Grew up watching the Wide World of Sports and who can
forget Jim McKay's intro "the thrill of victory and the agony of
defeat" as the skier plummeted head over heels down the snowy
hillside.

The sad irony is he passed on the same day Big Brown was attempting to
win the triple crown in the Belmont Stakes. Big Brown must have sensed
Jim's death - *his heart was too broken to run today.

Nonsense. The horse had been on steriods but was taken off before the
race. I suspect he we was on a steroid "downer" and could not perform
as his owners wanted.

Horse racing records are as driven by steroids as those set in
baseball and other professsional sports.

Jim was not only the best horse racing announcer ever he truly loved
horses and raised them on his farm.http://sports.yahoo.com/rah/news;_yl...MaBbYkX47kF?sl...

Thank you for all the wonderful memories Mr. McKay.