Old June 10th 08, 06:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
[email protected] belizando@gmail.com is offline

Default sx-28 restoration ongoing

thanks for your help. I found the documentation the previous owner
did, and he used half of a 6sn7 in replacement of the 6j5 bfo tube and
labeled it an "inf. imp. detector. what would be the advantage of
doing this?
Also, Johns sx-28 restoration (and others) are the most incredible
restorations i have ever seen documented. Thanks for the links!
I've got a working sx-28 on loan to help in comparing/restoring mine.