Old June 10th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave99 Dave99 is offline

Default How to calculate wind load area?

Can anyone explain to me how to calculate the wind area for an
antenna? I assume you combine the square footage/inches on what would
be the largest side, then factor in any round parts... Which if I
understand correctly, you do by taking the sum of those round parts
and multiply by 2/3? So then you add that with the square parts and
that's your wind load area? I'm sure I'm probably missing something.

Thanks,

Dave