Old December 26th 04, 07:48 AM
Tommy Willoughby

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 19:41:41 -0500, moth . wrote:

I turned on the HT after not using for a while and am getting the message
Er 1 flashing and beeping. There is nothing in the manual about this
except my own note saying to push F button and D together (clear), then
turn radio on. I don't remember this happening but it has been a while
since I used this so apparently this happened before. However, it isn't
working now. If anyone knows how to rid this of the error, I would greatly
appreciate it. Also, it's been connected to my outdoor antenna. Could
something have occurred to cause this? All of my connections are intact. I
disconnected it and used the alkaline battery pack and still get error
message. Thank you.

It sounds like the internal battery is dead. There's a small battery
inside to preserve memory settings, etc. I think you'll need to replace it.

--
mail: teeuu at qwest dot net