Old June 11th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default BIG Brothers' attack on USENET--i.e. our forum here ...

John Smith wrote:

rec.radio.amateur.equipment
rec.radio.amateur.moderated
rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
sci.physics.electromag

Though the point is moot since your original premise that USENET is being
in any way shut down is utter nonsense.

1) Those are not antenna groups.

Antennas are not electromagnetic devices?

Antennas are not amateur radio equipment?

Antennas are not homebrewed by hams?

Antennas are not a suitable subject for discussion among hams?

2) If USENET is made inaccessible, those groups will be gone also.

All American ISP's could drop their USENET feeds and it would not
make USNET inaccessible.

A bunch of clueless dillhole web users would lose access, but that would
be for the better of all.

You obviously haven't a clue what USENET is or how it works.

3) You did NOT read that article, else you are unable or unwilling to
realize USENET is very much in danger. There is/was no reason to force
those ISP's into dropping USENET support, dropping the perv groups would
be enough. Once USENET is gone it will be too late to become aware of
what is happening ... now this has been explained enough, if you can't
get it by now--you won't ever ...

I did read the article.

You did not read the last three paragraphs.

The ISP's involved were not forced into anything.

They agreed to it voluntarily.

Trust me, if you don't have the resources to realize the importance of
the actions being discussed (and, you can read the comments on the URL I
originally gave to see others concerns) just relax, others can move to
protect your rights for you ...

Yeah, right.

I've been on USENET since it was distributed by 1200 baud modems over
UUCP and back in the day I was a UUCP leaf node.

Tell me all about it.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.