Old June 11th 08, 07:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default TV Antenna.....Please Help....

In article ,
Hal Rosser wrote:

Give twinlead a twist every couple of feet and you save the cost of that
coax.
At the freqs used, most coax could be rather lossy, depending on the length
of the run, but twinlead has a very happy combination of being low-loss -
and - low-cost compared to most coax.

When it's new, when it's clean, and when it's dry.

As I understand it, one of the bigger downfalls of ordinary 300-ohm
twinlead for TV reception is that its performance can deteriorate
rather badly with age. Sunlight causes the PVC to deteriorate, and
surface contamination and moisture (e.g. rain) can significantly
increase the losses.

Coax is much less vulnerable to these problems.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO