Old December 26th 04, 01:26 PM
Richard Heindel

moth . wrote:
I turned on the HT after not using for a while and am getting the
message Er 1 flashing and beeping. There is nothing in the manual about
this except my own note saying to push F button and D together (clear),
then turn radio on. I don't remember this happening but it has been a
while since I used this so apparently this happened before. However, it
isn't working now. If anyone knows how to rid this of the error, I would
greatly appreciate it. Also, it's been connected to my outdoor antenna.
Could something have occurred to cause this? All of my connections are
intact. I disconnected it and used the alkaline battery pack and still
get error message. Thank you.

On page 36 of the owners manual are the error codes.
Er1 is indeed the internal lithium battery needing replacement.
You've just lost the ability to store anything in memory.
73
Richard WB8KRN