Old June 11th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Solomon_Man Solomon_Man is offline

Default TV Antenna.....Please Help....

On Jun 11, 3:19*am, (Geoffrey S. Mendelson) wrote:
Dave Platt wrote:
As I understand it, one of the bigger downfalls of ordinary 300-ohm
twinlead for TV reception is that its performance can deteriorate
rather badly with age. *Sunlight causes the PVC to deteriorate, and
surface contamination and moisture (e.g. rain) can significantly
increase the losses.

It's also subject to problems if it is too close to things, remember those
special standoff insulators for it? It can not be looped, wrapped around things,
etc.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel *N3OWJ/4X1GM

All,
I think the antenna has a coax connection built into it (One of
advertisements I saw). Also the previous wire was coax as is the rest
of the house. So I think Coax is a given for me due to simplicity and
never having any problems with it in the past. I will keep it in mind
though if something would change on the antenna or plans.

Thanks again,
Chris