Old June 11th 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
hasan schiers hasan schiers is offline

Default What effect does a tuner have at the antenna?

Jim Higgins wrote:
On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 12:33:16 -0500, Cecil Moore
wrote:

A popular myth is developing that the tuner has no effect
at the antenna feedpoint and the only goal is to make the
transmitter "happy". My question is: if we monitored
only the forward current or forward power at the antenna
feedpoint, could we still adjust the tuner? If the answer
is "yes", the myth is false.

I suspect many hams are confused on this subject and that many more
just express themselves awkwardly.

What's totally beyond my understanding is why so many here repeatedly
waste their time helping you have fun with either category.

Bravo! Endless self-indulgent mental masturbation appears to be the
function of far too many posts over the last several years. This has
virtually ruined what at one time was a fine resource for amateurs
interested in antennas. I used to recommend that people who had
questions about or interest in antennas come to this newsgroup. I
stopped doing it, and now only take a look myself every week or two to
see if anything has changed...it only seems to get worse.

It's a damn shame what a few frequent posters have done to this newsgroup.