Old June 11th 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default BIG Brothers' attack on USENET--i.e. our forum here ...

wrote:
Hmm. I have several 'odd' ideas. One of them is that if I want to
talk politics, civil rights, etc, I do so on/in a user group that
deals with that sort of thing. I don't do so on/in user groups that
don't generally deal with those topic, such as this one. Why? Cuz
'off topic' stuff generally is only irritating, has nothing to do with
the topics generally found here, and only show the poster's general
disregard for that/this group and the people on/in it. It's generally
called SPAM. But then what do I know? I'm just a LARGE idiot...
right?
- 'Doc

What's more irritating is that people respond to it. I plonked "John
Smith" quite some time ago, so I'm not bothered at all by his rantings,
since I don't even see them. But I do see the responses from the folks
who respond to them. The best way to deal with this kind of posting is
to ignore them. Ignored OT posters go elsewhere, where they can get the
attention they're after, before very long. But they don't if they get a
constant supply of it.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL