Old June 11th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Drake R7A Recent Prices

" wrote:

On Jun 11, 7:02�am, dxAce wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ1...

Buy It Now and went for $1995.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Rare_W0QQitemZ260249448668QQih...

Buy It Now and went for $1799.00.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Interesting. Neither auction has much to say about the working
condition.

Is there a significant price premium for an R7A vs. an R7 in similar
condition, and with similar options?

Seems so, but I've always wondered why. Difference between the two is that the
R7A came standard with the noise blanker, the 500 Hz CW filter and what is
merely a wire across one position on the filter board that gave perhaps 6-9 KHz
of selectivity in lieu of an actual crystal filter.

I currently have an R7 with NB, 8, 6, 4, 3 and 2.3 KHz filters and the AUX7
board installed.