Old June 11th 08, 08:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Randy or Sherry Guttery Randy or Sherry Guttery is offline

Default Eye problems

Jim Menning wrote:

Lots of people around here have no insurance or money, and still get taken care of at
the local hospital or clinic. Why are you even messing with the VA?

Because if the local hospital or clinic finds out you are eligible to
get care "else where" that's where they "send" you. Just ask any of the
thousands of VETs who were promised many benefits that are impossible to
get - or so difficult most give up trying.

I'm fortunate enough to have private insurance - because we have to
travel over a hundred miles *each way* to the closest VET facility - and
the waiting list for even a simple appointment runs roughly six months.
I know a man that was on a list for a serious problem - they finally
called to tell him his appointment date - 18 MONTHS after he died - and
the appointment date? - just short of three months.

Sometimes the cost of serving one's country comes later than one
anticipates...
--
randy guttery

A Tender Tale - a page dedicated to those Ships and Crews
so vital to the United States Silent Service:
http://tendertale.com