Old June 13th 08, 12:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
TerryJ[_2_] TerryJ[_2_] is offline

Default Eye problems

"John Byrns" wrote in message
In article , "Brian Hill" wrote:

"John Byrns" wrote in message
So, this is where we
are all headed with the coming national health care
system, rationed health care?

Yes it is where we are all headed and our Vets have taken it in the
shorts
for ever. Have you ever been to VA hospital? Under funded ********s is
what
they are. The way our Vets are treated is despicable. My uncle did two
combat tours of duty back to back, first in Korea and then in Nam.

I was never very good in history, but having lived through the period in
question I have to conclude that you have fabricated this story about
your uncle out of whole cloth. Unless my memory fails me, which is
possible, there was a considerable interval of years between the time
combat ceased in Korea, and the time combat started in "Nam", how do you
get "two combat tours of duty back to back, first in Korea and then in
Nam" out of that?

Regards,

John Byrns

I am sure 'back to back' was used figuratively. My uncle served in combat in
WWII, Korea and Viet Nam. Not 'back to back' but close enough.