Old June 13th 08, 04:43 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Steve Steve is offline

Default VoiceMax Speech Processor...

Ian Jackson wrote:
In message
,
Telstar Electronics writes

As I said. "Obviously they have to contain 'all the works'
(oscillator, balanced modulator, compressor, clipper, filters,
balanced demodulator etc)."

That sounds very complex and expensive all right.
Another problem I see is that they only work on SSB.
My customers insist on something small that fits inside the radio and
processes in all modes. The VoiceMax does that with less than 1% THD.
Can't build them fast enough to keep them in stock...

Why do you think that they only work on SSB? Stand-alone RF clippers
like the Datong are independent of transmit mode. They are audio in -
audio out (with a bit of RF magic in between). They should work even on
an audio PA system.

Berhinger has consumed that nitch now, especially with ESSB.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/