Old June 13th 08, 03:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
exray[_3_] exray[_3_] is offline

Default Eye problems

Brenda Ann wrote:
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
. ..
So, this is where we are all headed with the coming
national health care system, rationed health care?

What "national health care" system? Where do you get this stuff from, Rush
Limbaugh?

Most insured already are dealing with rationed health care, run by HMO's
where any care is determined by THEIR bottom line.

Its a US mainland thing.

Here in PR we have free national care and private care is relatively
inexpensive as a consequence. See photo of my 3S/Blue Cross card.
$130/month, copays are shown and there are no additional (ie: zero)
deductibles. There's some glitches in the system but it works.

Its a Hot issue for me right now since my wife is in the hospital for a
few days for an elective operation under our local health care plan, not
my private plan. Maybe $16 out of pocket so far. "Care" is a bit less
than what the mainland is accustomed to...bring your own pyjamas and
pillow type of stuff.

We in PR have a terrible local economy yet our tax base still makes
universal care practical.

No reason in the world for the US Mainland not being able to do the same
thing. If you think the 'public' hospital in Fajardo, PR is one of
those places dripping with shotup drug dealers bleeding all over the
place and chickens running in/out of the operating rooms ya better think
again. As bitchy as I am I have no complaints.

National medical care can work. Doesn't need to be rationed or
substandard. But it involves re-inventing the wheel.

I made some comments about the VA in another post...I think raising the
bar for *public* care has some advantage. Seems to be the case here in
Puerto Rico.

-ex

Attached Thumbnails
Eye problems-healthcard.jpg