Old June 13th 08, 07:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
John Byrns[_2_] John Byrns[_2_] is offline

Default Eye problems

In article ,
"William Sommerwerck" wrote:

"John Byrns" wrote in message
In article ,
"William Sommerwerck" wrote:

So, this is where we are all headed with the coming
national health care system, rationed health care?

What "national health care" system? Where do you get
thisstuff from, Rush Limbaugh?

I take it you don't own a Television set, we have just been through a
long primary election season with much talk of a national health care
system.

I haven't heard anything of a "national health care system". I _have_ heard
discussions of how to finance universal health care, which is not at all the
same thing. None of the principal candidates have advocated any such thing.

Sorry, I tend to think of "universal health care", "national health
care", and "socialized medicine", as synonyms. "Universal health care"
is presumably something of a different animal as you point out, but I
suspect that what it really is, is part of an animal, the camel's nose
under the tent if you will, which must inevitably lead to national
health care/socialized medicine at some point in the future to remain
viable.

Though some right-wing commentators have talked about universal health care
(however it's implemented) as being equivalent to "socialized medicine", an
attempt to confuse the issue.

On the other hand some left-wing commentators speak of national health
care/socialized medicine as the place we must go for fairness. Many
members of the general public, both left and right, seem to also fail to
properly distinguish between the different health care systems.

While you may very well be correct that none of the principal candidates
have advocated national health care/socialized medicine this may be
because Hillary learned her lesson last time around, and didn't want to
make the same mistake again. IIRC back in 93/94 Hillary was seriously
advocating national health care/socialized medicine, although for all I
know that may not have been reflected in her final proposal, which I
didn't pay any attention to as it was obvious by then that it was going
to be dead on arrival in any case. As far as the other principal
candidate, Barack, goes, I don't have a clue what he is proposing other
than the fact that Hillary says that it isn't "universal". Beyond that
he has been very vague, can you explain his health care proposal to me,
or point me to a web site where I can find some actual details?

Great Britain has a national health care system, run by the government, with
attendant long waits, etc.

There you go, sounds like rationing to me. I get the impression that
people are expecting a heath care system free of rationing, that
everyone will be able to get all the health care they might want, and I
just don't see how that could be done. Some form of rationing appears
to be necessary for any system to work, including our current system,
it's simply an issue of how the rationing is going to be accomplished.

Regards,

John Byrns