Old June 15th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Alan Peake[_2_] Alan Peake[_2_] is offline

Default Efficiency and maximum power transfer

Walter Maxwell wrote:
"Alan Peake" wrote in message

Alan, I disagree with you when you say that 'voltage to current' is not a ratio.
IMHO, your are definine 'ratio' to narrowly. Below is a quote from Google:

Well, someone has redefined "ratio" since I went to school. My old maths
text book says "The term ratio is used when we wish to compare the size
ofr magnitude of two quantities (or numbers) of the same kind, i.e.,
expressed in the same units, and is measured by a fraction"
All my dictionaries say much the same thing. There is no mention of
comparing quantities of different units. That to me would be like
comparing apples with oranges.

Alan