Old June 16th 08, 12:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Andy[_5_] Andy[_5_] is offline

Default 80 Meter End Fed Eire

I've given up on this idea for now. I just can't get any ground wires above
or below ground here at present and the couple of earth rods that I have
sunk in just doesn't do the job.

73 Andy

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Andy wrote:
I have nothing here to measure the Q of the trap.
Is there another way of working out the correct frequency needed for the
trap?

Sorry, I would just be guessing. I made my 40m traps
resonant on 7.4 MHz and they worked well over the
40m band. But I never made any measurements or A/B
comparisons.

The traps are made from RG58 C/U. I think these are a low Q but I'm not
sure.

The following web page might be of interest:

http://www.seed-solutions.com/gregor...n/CoaxTrap.htm
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com