Old June 18th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default OT Browser character set strange?

"m II" wrote in message news:wVe6k.2166$sg6.340@edtnps91...
I may have a problem with the character set in my browser. On the
following page,

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/electrom...esistance.html

At the location where it says:

RT = 2.5 + 1 + 3
RT = 6.5 XXXXX

I get something other than ohms.
I have placed XXXXX where the offending part is.

Are other people getting the same mistake?

I've talked to the web master, but he claims it's OK there.

mike

I get 6.7 k ohm (with the omega symbol). The thing is in a Greek character
set. I found this out when I tried to copy/paste into here and then type
something after it...