Old June 19th 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default HF interference from WiFi router

My bet is the caps are cheap and go bad. I get wall worts for a buck at the
thrift store so it's just a matter of swapping out the bad ones. It takes a
hammer to get into them so there is nothing serviceable except the
connector.

If you go the route of daisy chaining from your main supply beware you may
have common mode issues on some bands.

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
In Rick Frazier
wrote:

It was an easy task to put together a decent but cheap analog power
supply with a few 3 terminal regulators to power the devices in
question,

I was surprised to find a cache of 7812s in my parts bin and even one
LM320K-12 and one LM340K-12.

and all of the hash was gone (for awhile). I don't exactly
know how, but a few of the things somehow crept back into the house,
and it's time to go on another extermination binge for the wall warts
again...

I just took a walk around the house and see that the things are
everywhere, all plugged in and probably all squawking to some degree.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN