Old June 20th 08, 09:58 AM posted to aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Andy[_5_] Andy[_5_] is offline

Default PALSTAR AT1KP Meter 1200 Watt Antenna Tuner

Hi Richard,

Just an update for you on my AT1KP tuner.
I am only running 110 watts through the tuner due to not owning an
Amplifier.
I have tried it out on an End Fed wire WITH an earth ground rod that has a
very poor ground and also an End Fed Zep. It still tunes these wires down
to 1.1:1 from 160 - 6 Meters with ease.
I am very pleased with it and I'm glade I purchased the AT1KP. Hope this
helps.

73 Andy

"Andy" wrote in message
Richard,

My Palstar AT1KP arrived this morning, so early days yet.
What I can say about it is that the build quality inside and out looks
excellent.
I have only run 110 watts through it and it has tuned my 40m Centre Fed
Dipole cut for 40 meters down to 1.1: from 1.8 - 6 meters with ease.

Hope this helps.

73 Andy

wrote in message
Richard,
Considering some of the reviews I've seen on various forums, the one
thing those reviews proves is that they must work. How well they work
just depends on how close to the tuner's limits any particular antenna
falls. 'Size' is one consideration that isn't thought of very often.
Bigger usually means larger limits cuz all those thingys inside are
larger, which is good to some ridiculous point. Deciding where
'ridiculous' starts/stops depends on you to a large extent. It has to
do with the antennas you have/want/are allowed, and the size of your
bank account.
Is it the mostest best thing on the market? Good question, and
another one of those 'depends' thingys. (Mine is the bestest tuner
ever made. It isn't produced anymore. It is not for sale, wish I had
another one! Can do some really 'weird' antennas. Ain't saying what
it is so the price will be cheaper when I find another one.)
- 'Doc

[Large doses of 'B.S.' are always a part of my responses. Deciding
which is what is your responsibility. Hows that for a 'CYA'?]