Old June 20th 08, 02:24 PM posted to aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Andy[_5_] Andy[_5_] is offline

Default PALSTAR AT1KP Meter 1200 Watt Antenna Tuner

Hi Ian,

Yes its the same. The tuner is at the shack end (house) and I'm feeding the
antenna with 50 Ohm RG-58 C/U coax at the far end of the garden. If I can
get it working well I will replace it with some RG-213 that I have here. I
put it back up yesterday and started experimenting again.

The End Fed at the moment has 15 feet of 300 Ohm slotted ribbon feeder. This
is all I had left spare. One side is connected to the wire antenna and the
other side left, not connected. The coax is connected to the 300 Ohm at the
bottom and the braid side is now connected to the unconnected side of the
300 Ohm and also to the earth ground rod.
On 80 the receive is up 2-4 S points compared with the 40m coax Centre Fed
Dipole. I have not had chance to get any actual reports on 80 yet. Maybe
this weekend.

73 Andy

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
Andy, is your endfed wire the one in your other thread of the 8th June (ie
the 80 Meter End Fed, fed with coax at the far end)? If so, presumably the
tuner is at the shack end. Or are you feeding it from the shack end.

In message , Andy
writes
Hi Richard,

Just an update for you on my AT1KP tuner.
I am only running 110 watts through the tuner due to not owning an
Amplifier.
I have tried it out on an End Fed wire WITH an earth ground rod that has a
very poor ground and also an End Fed Zep. It still tunes these wires down
to 1.1:1 from 160 - 6 Meters with ease.
I am very pleased with it and I'm glade I purchased the AT1KP. Hope this
helps.

73 Andy

--
Ian