Old June 19th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier Mark Zenier is offline

Default OT Browser character set strange?

In article F1g6k.12$yg7.10@edtnps82, m II wrote:
Brenda Ann wrote:

I get 6.7 k ohm (with the omega symbol). The thing is in a Greek character
set. I found this out when I tried to copy/paste into here and then type
something after it...

Weird. I get the capital letter "W" using a Latin 1 character set.

Looking at the source code, I see

Font face="symbol"W/font

in the places where the omegas show up in the text. Perhaps the
"symbol" font is unknown/misconfigured in your browser.

Mark Zenier