Old June 21st 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steve Steve is offline

Default FS: Cobra 2000 GTL $300 a steal

Hello Bill, do you have any beam antennas left for sale? (email me if you'd
prefer)

73
Steve

"Bill" wrote:
This is Bill from Morgan Hill.
And Bill Good was very well thought of in the CB Tech Community.
He was an interesting fellow, and as MV says, it highly missed by those
he got along with.

I was just poking around the other day trying to figure out what a nice
2000GTL would sell for.
I have one in the used stuff I would like to part with.

There is a brand new, old stock on ebay selling for $355.00 and the
reserve isn't met.
I have had people tell me that they have paid over $500 for one like
this. Not sure why.
But it goes to show ya, that it is whatever the market will go to. This
would be a great
radio to re-introduce into the market. Problem is, so much of the parts
are in short supply/
Or totally NOT available. The PLL, the Counter Chip, the Finals, and on.

This is my first post on here in maybe 5 years. Hello to all those that
were customers
over the past. I'll try and look on here a couple times a week.

73's Bill

"Jay in the Mojave" wrote in message
Hello MV:

No Bill Good lived near Pinion Hills Ca, different Bill.

Yeah its a good radio the 2000. And yes you have a very good point
there it was pretty too look at.

How many times have we all walked into a radio shop/store and told the
guy there that don't try to BS us because we are Bitchen type of guys
who knows whats happening. Then brain disconnect happens, and say how
much for that pretty radio there............

Jay in the Mojave

MV wrote:

Jay,
Is that the same Bill from Morgan Hills, CA?

On the subject of the 2000. Even with the design performance issues,
not that a stock radio was that bad, the 2000 was one of the best
looking rigs that came out of that time, as far as I'm concerned. The
Cobra 2000 was just a good looking radio that did a decent job with
transmit and receive.

I have a couple of them that I wouldn't take $400 for.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/