Old June 22nd 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default BIG Brothers' attack on USENET--i.e. our forum here ...

John Smith wrote:
wrote:
John Smith wrote:

Low bandwidth my ass, a full USENET feed is gigabytes per day.

Know nothing fool.

Perhaps a valid argument for those on dialup or with inadequate access
to the net.

Gigs ain't nothin', we move towards terabytes ... those thinking in gigs
are destined to the path of the dinosaur ...

A full T1 line is 1.5 megabits/sec.

The theoretical maximum bandwidth of DSL is 8 megabits/sec and you
will be lucky to get 6 megabits/sec.

A full USENET feed, one way, is about 130 GB day.

130 Gbytes X 8 bits = 1 X 10^12 bits.

1 X 10^12 bits / 6 X 10^6 bit/sec = 1.6 X 10^5 seconds = 46 hours.

So since there are only 24 hours in a day, you need the equivelant of
2 full, good DSL connections just to handle the incoming feed.

Add to the connections necessary for the outgoing feed.

And to store 30 days worth is 4 terabytes of storage.

As I said, know nothing fool.

BTW, how you can read my post when you've plonked me so many times?

Wow!!! If everyone was as you, you would be correct!

You mean if everyone could do simple arithmetic they would realize
you are a babbling idiot who can't put together a grammatical sentence?

Unfortunately you either offer substandard ISP bandwidth, or you are an
idiot--now let me guess???? :-)

Bandwidth doesn't come from ISP's, they lease it from the carriers.

Once again you show you know nothing.

But hey, you add bytes of usage--maybe you will even find someone who
cares or believes you!! Good going man! BTW--are you from a 3rd world
country?

Can't do simple arithemetic, can you?

I notice you have zero facts to offer in rebuttal; just frothing
nonsense.

BTW, how you can read my post when you've plonked me so many times?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.