Old June 22nd 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Rebuttal to Richard Clark's comments on my Chapter 19A

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:33:41 -0400, "Walter Maxwell"
wrote:

I've known you for a long time to be tough but fair. I've envied your depth of
knowledge in many areas of expertise. Which is why I entrusted you and others on
this thread with my Chapter 19A for an honest peer review. I expected to receive
a fair review from you that would fare well in proving my paper correct for
those who don't yet understand, or don't believe the principles involved.

However, instead of receiving a fair critique of my paper you trashed it with an
axe. Every criticism you made was not only negative, but clearly false. If I
didn't know you better I would conclude from your comments that you don't have a
clue concerning the operation of RF amplifiers.

Since you chose to denigrate my writing instead of giving it a fair critique,
why did you broadcast it on the news group instead of discussing your position
with me privately? Since you have broadcast it I have no choice but to defend my
position by rebutting each and every one of your false statements on this thread
for all to see.

Thus I'm repeating your comments with my responses to them to set the record
straight.

Hi Walt,

I posted the Steps, contrary to the typical slap-dash past, as then
they've been ignored, speculated, and "interpreted" without direct
quotation for 130 postings from many authors before mine. The
material of Chapter 19A was thus in the public debate by invitation
long before I dipped my bucket into this well.

I posted each step individually to create separate, one topic threads
and to reduce the reading load of one 600 line submission.

Any issue of my not having backfilled missing knowledge to the Steps
is a comment on the Steps' original style, not the chapter's original
content. I am responsible for neither and I am doing the job of
editor revealing faults of ordering, and wholes in continuity. If
this is perceived as a personal slight, I am sorry.

Comparing my 9 posts as poison to the 130 others' treacle informs
everyone that I have at least attended specific technical points that
can be identified and correlated. In other words, I purposely and at
some great effort and time have taken personal responsibility for
explicit statements.

In any future correspondence, I will only respond to technical issues
within those threads to maintain continuity of discussion.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC