Old June 23rd 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Harrison Richard Harrison is offline

Default What effect does a tuner have at the antenna?

Cecil, W5DXP wrote:
"If we monitored only forward current or forward power at the antenna
feedpoint, could we still adjust the tuner?"

Yes because a conjugate match delivers all available power (a maximum)
and a conjugate match also exists at every pair of terminals between the
transmitter and the antenna if the tuner and line are essentially
lossless.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI