Old June 24th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default Rebuttal to Richard Clark's comments on my Chapter 19A

On Jun 23, 8:43 pm, "Lumpy" wrote:
Mike Kaliski wrote:
...it doesn't matter what you use if it gets a signal out.

That's been my theory since my earliest
experiments with transmitting.

But that theory seem to get lost on the
pseudo-intellectuals who claim "Oh you
can't do that, it doesn't fit my
understanding of how it should work".

I work QRP SSB into a random wire or a
horribly mismatched non-symmetrical dipole,
almost exclusively. I have hams on some lists
tell me they think I'm lying when I claim to
make contacts because I "broke the laws of physics".

Ham radio! Talk to the world!
Or skip the talk part and just go
tell other hams how much you "know".

Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke

www.n0eq.com

Hi Lumpy you are a blast of fresh air!
On this group a common remark is
"I wish you would check out the facts first"
This is in other words is the expert telling you that you must agree
with him.
This is really the basis of this actual thread where a book writer is
angry
because people publicly disagree with him and his writings. Read my
book it is authoritative,
no I don't need to read other peoples pages or work! or "I don't
recall that"
which parallels cover for lies in Congress and in talk groups.
I have been a big gun with a 80 foot long multi element yagi but now
the talking side lags
behind the design of small antennas so all can enjoy"I was always told
that you must supply the math first
before you make a claim. Now I find that when the math is supplied
they state they don';t understand
or are convinced that one plus one is three! There is no way a ham
(self perceived expert) on this group
will accept that all is not known and I am the one who knows it all.
Which is why they dissed that Doctor from MIT and NASA
who provided some mathematical data that they disagreed with. Ofcourse
one and one equals three, the majority on this newsgroup agrees on
that so you MUST be wrong. On top of that we are the experts no less!