Old June 24th 08, 11:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default Rebuttal to Richard Clark's comments on my Chapter 19A

On Jun 23, 6:03 pm, "Mike Kaliski" wrote:

Don't get bogged down in meaningless minor theoretical details. Does it do
what is claimed? Yes or no. Job done.

Regards

Mike G0ULI

Thats the whole problem. If he just offered the design as what it is,
instead of what he fantasies it to be, I would have no problem.
It's no secret that almost anything will radiate to some degree.
Many people have made QSO's using nothing but dummy loads.
I have no problem with this.
Why? Because they didn't build a dummy load, and then proclaim
it as some new breakthrough in science.
It Art designed and built this antenna, and offered it to the public
as is, without all the pseudo science bafflegab, he would never
hear from me.
I wouldn't even care that he never actually tests the antenna.
But nope.. Art doesn't play the game that way.
He uses a modeling program to conjer up all kinds of weird
designs, and then uses the optimizer programs to try to get
maximum gain, or whatever he is trying to find.
He cooks up a particular design, decides he likes it, and
then reveals it to the world as some exotic new design,
which uses exotic theory, which only Art and some obscure
doktor from MIT can understand.
He can not explain these designs using known theory, so
he cooks up page after page after page of nothing but
pure unadulterated bafflegab to try to explain how they
might work.
*This* is the problem as I see it.
Heck, I might not even have a problem with that alone, he
wasn't so insistent that his "theory" is indeed fact.
I check all his pages and he provides NO math at all.
But he continues to whine about math.
I have read the Doktor Davis thread several times since
it was posted, and he provides NO math to explain Arts
design. And he did duck and run when it was suggested
that he was misreading the data. Instead of giving an answer
one way or the other, he vanished, never to be heard from
again.
Art refuses to do real world tests. He refuses to actually
try the antenna on the air to do comparisons with a
known antenna such as a dipole even when invited to
do so by other hams.
He'll always offer some lame excuse as to why he refuses
to do so. Either that, or he reverses the invitation to make
it appear as an attack on poor old Art, the man who
the phrase "woe is me" was apparently written for.
..
I've told him several times to just build the thing and let
the chips fall where they may.
He seems to build a few, but he never gets to testing
how the chips may fall.
He sent one to a ham on this group, and we never heard
a peep since. If it was the "miracle whip" it was made out
to be, seems to me the word would be out by now.

Well, excuse the @#$% out of me if I don't fall in line
and do the goose step along side of him in an orderly
military manner. :/