Old June 25th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Johnny Borborigmi[_2_] Johnny Borborigmi[_2_] is offline

Default XM-Sirius Satellite Radio -versus- Free Over-the-Air AM & FMRadio

On Jun 24, 1:48*pm, RHF wrote:
On Jun 23, 7:21*pm, "
wrote:
-
- Which do you think has cleaner reception or a better signal
- for the car?? *Satelite or terrestrial.?? *

Depends on your : Location, Location Location

Major Metro Area Short Commute most likely Free
Over-the-Air FM Radio.

Sub-Urban to Urban Long Commute then Sat-Radio
may give you a more consistant and better Signal.

Travel-a-Lot and like consistant Radio Programming and
Audio Quality then Sat-Radio is a good answer.

- I'm wondering if I should spend the money to get a
- satelite hook-up for my car?? *

The add-on XPRESSEZ® Receiver is priced under $50http://www.xmradio.com/shop/index.xmc

Check-Out : Satellite Radio Receivers with an FM Radio
Modulator for eazy Plug-and-Play Car installation using
your existing Car's AM & FM-Stereo Radio.

Here are two Examples :
* SIRIUS SV3-TK1 Stratus Plug-and-Play Satellite
Radio Receiver with Car Kithttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ISCZSE
* Delphi Roady XT XM Satellite Radiohttp://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CN4S0S/

- Anyone have any thoughts on that??
-*Thanks.

Have an in-home XM Radio Receiver up here in a Rural
County {Twain Harte, CA} where a quality AM & FM
Radio Signal is -iffy- at times and the local AM & FM
Radio Stations are generally not to my liking.

~ RHF

I love my XM, for 4 years now. There are WAY TOO MANY commercials on
regular radio. I can not stomach it. AND the commercials repeat their
phone numbers over and over and over like they were mentally
retarded.

To HELL with regular terrestrial radio.