Old June 26th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default (OT) California wildfires.

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Jun 25, 5:57*am, Dave wrote:
wrote:
Lightning sparks 800 plus wildfires in California.
www.worldnetdaily.com

So, California doesn't get Lightning?
Call up one of those tv stations over there and ask their weather people
about that Lightning Counter.

I believe California gets some Lightning every day.
cuhulin

- This ain't Mississippi, Jethro.
-*We go for years without thunderstorms sometimes.

Dave - D'Oh !

In California every Year during the Summer the
Sierra Nevada Mountains get many Thunderstorms
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderstorm
http://www.eldoradocountyweather.com...lightning.html

About - Thunderstorms
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/reso...nderstorms.htm

as they say . . .
and where there is thunder
there is lightning ~ RHF
.

We don't live in the mountains. Like Dave said lightning is rare in
southern California. Around here it is less than once a year I hear of
any by ear or on the radio. Seeing lightning is even more rare. Usually
every few years there will be a storm that you will actually see
lightning.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California