Old June 27th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default XM-Sirius Satellite Radio -versus- Free Over-the-Air AM & FM Radio

On Jun 26, 6:36*pm, Radioguy wrote:
On Jun 23, 10:21*pm, "
wrote:

Which do you think has cleaner reception or a better signal for the
car?? *Satelite or terrestrial.?? *I'm wondering if I should spend the
money to get a satelite hook-up for my car?? *Anyone have any thoughts
on that?? *Thanks.

Cleaner reception??? *For most of us in urban or suburban areas the
signal clarity between satellite and regular FM radio would be a toss
up. *In marginal signal areas satellite will give a better signal.

- For most of us the real question is whether having
- hundreds more radio stations to listen to for possibly
- an hour or two a day is worth the price.
-*
- The radio dial in most larger localities is full of stations
- so it would seem like there are plenty of free choices.

RadioGuy,

Down in the SF Bay Area I had 47 Commercial
FM Radio Stations plus another 18 Educational
FM Radio Stations. The AM/MW Radio Band
had 32 Radio Stations. Always fround some
thing Interesting or Enjoyable to Listen too on
the Radio.

However up here near Sonora, CA we only have
three 'local' Radio Stations One AM/MW and Two
FM; and the AM/MW does not make it up here
at night on a 'standard' AM & FM Radio.

And It was All Free Over-the-Air AM & FM Radio
be it Analog or Digital. No SatRadio Month Fees
required to simply Listen to the Radio.

radio it ought to be good and it ought to be free ~ RHF