Old June 28th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Who Owns America's Wealth?

On Jun 28, 7:56*am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

D Peter Maus wrote:
Tex wrote:
The top 10% own 72% of the wealth.

The rest of the 90% own 28% of the wealth.

The top 1% owns 37% of the wealth.

1% of Americans own more wealth than the entire 90% of the rest of
Americans (37% vs. 28%).

Source: The Federal Reserve

Whens the last time a rich person did anything for you? Yeah me
neither.

* The top 1% pay over a third, 34.27% of all income taxes. (Up from 2003:
33.71%)

The top 1% own 53% of the stock market.

- No, that is patently untrue. I do not have the exact
- figure on hand, but somewhere above half of the worth
- of all public shares is owned by mutual funds, pension
- funds and insurance companies. In other words, anyone
- with a 401k or IRA, anyone with life insurance or fire
- or hazard insurance, anyone with a union or company
- pension, indirectly owns those shares.

That is sort of kind of 'true'
-but- Who Controls All Those Assets ?
- - - not John Q. Public
[ The Rich Elite Who Sit on the Boards ]

As A Matter Of Fact : WHO OWNS BIG OIL
A Whole Bunch of Public Pension Plans for one.