Old June 29th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dave[_18_] Dave[_18_] is offline

Default OT) Who Owns America's Wealth?

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
Dave wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Dave wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Tex wrote:

The top 10% own 72% of the wealth.

The rest of the 90% own 28% of the wealth.

The top 1% owns 37% of the wealth.

1% of Americans own more wealth than the entire 90% of the rest of
Americans (37% vs. 28%).

Source: The Federal Reserve

Whens the last time a rich person did anything for you? Yeah me
neither.
So what you're saying is that you want some of the wealth without working
for
it?
Like you do?
Me? I worked for mine! I suggest that you get your shine box out and join M
II out
on the corner and get busy, boys.

Bull****. You were just bragging about your profits from some kind of
oil deal while sitting on your well rounded bum.

He risked his capital to make that profit. It could have gone the other
way and he could have lost all of it.

My point exactly is that risk is being transferred from capital to
labor, without commensurate reward. Things are out of kilter. New
gilded age.