Old November 12th 03, 12:48 AM
Dave VanHorn

"PMac" wrote in message
HI, I have always found the first SWR meter in line is the correct

reading,
the second one's reading is affected by the first......meaning the one in
the transceiver should be correct..... several of my recent rigs with
inbuilt SWR meters have indicated this. If you tune your ATU to the

second
meter in line your PA may not be as happy....cya Peter

Two birds in line will read the same thing.
Meter B is not affected by meter A.
I think one or more of your meters needs work, or you have a lot of RF on
the outside of the shield?

Maybe the meter's sampling section isn't designed for the band it's being
used in?