Old June 29th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment,rec.radio.swap
Engineer[_2_] Engineer[_2_] is offline

Default Attention Heath TT-1 Tube Tester owners

On Jun 15, 9:56*pm, JosephKK wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 12:53:35 -0500, Jim Adney
wrote:

(snip)

Interesting thread... I use a Heathkitt TC-2 quite a lot - the chart
is in good shape (still !), but I'm not convinced that rolling it up
and down is the best way to get to specific tube set-up data (of
course, it's always to hand... er, thumb !) For odd-balls, you have
to go to the supplementary sheets anyway. It's cheaper to copy it
sequentially onto separate 8 1/2 x 11 sheets (two sided, one or two
columns, use a paper mask on the "other" column as you don't want it
on the same page), spiral bind them and keep them with the tester.
I've done this for the Heathkit tube supplementary sheets (and for
most downloaded manuals.) Then simply scan down to the tube you want
by eye. Easy to add extras, too.
I don't say scrap the roller chart - put it back carefully for
posterity (repaired as needed) and keep it there, but not used much.
Cheers,
Roger