Old June 30th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default source of crystals for Kenwood transceiver upgrade.

cliff wright wrote:
Good day all!
I have an old Kenwood TS-820 that I've already upgraded somewhat, but I
would like to try adding the WARC bands at 10,18 and 24 MHz.
The rig only cost me $50 so I was horrified when I discovered that
crystals for the job are now priced @ $65 US each + shipping!!!
The frequencies aren't very unusual so obviously I am looking for
someone who has them available for a more reasonable rate.
As it stands it just isn't worth the cost of over $250 NZ.
The Xtals are on 15.5 23.5 and 30 MHz and are standard miniature types.
If any one can help me out please drop me an Email and let me know how I
can pay for them.
73's
Cliff Wright ZL1BDA ex G3NIA

JAN Crystals in the US will make these up for you, as will International
Crystal Manufacturing. They're both on the web.

Dunno what difficulties you'll have getting them into New Zealand.

You may want to check to see if there are any crystal manufacturers in
other countries that may have what you need at less cost -- I'm really
only familiar with these two.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services